Sunday, January 13, 2013

Productive or meet the four legged family

Not great but I love the action
That's how I feel today, productive.  I got a bunch of random things done.  Nothing life shattering of course, just the random things.  Got all the pictures on my new camera uploaded to my computer, got some posted to this blog, got a new filter for the fish tank, the fish should be happy now.  Got the laundry done, folded AND put away.  That's a big thing, usually I leave it laying about but I'm working at changing habits.  It's going pretty good, proof is laying at my feet.
Great picture of Trouble(some)


Trouble is sleeping in the room tonight, at least so far he is.  I'm glad I miss Tummers and the way she used to sleep with me, usually right on my ass.  Trouble hasn't been as affectionate as she was, but he's still a pretty darn great cat.  He's young and growing into himself still.  Every day he becomes a little more snuggle bug like.

I got the newest issue of Yoga Journal today mostly for the article about tight hip flexors, I know mine need some serious work.  So I thought I'll dive right into it when I got home, well that was after I washed all the fruits and veggies I bought for the week, and boiled the dozen and a half eggs for my protein.  I'm going to cut out wheat and cut way down on my carb intake.  I feel better when I eat nuts and veggies so I figure I'll follow my body indicators and see where it takes us.  Back to that new issue, well I still haven't read the bit about the hip flexors but I'm all over the one about Motivation and will power.  It struck a few cords of truth while I was reading it.  So much so that I'll read it again and use that as my next step in the development of me.  Sometimes the things you need appear before you in such a way that you realize it was meant to happen.  This article happens to be one of those things, I wasn't looking for it but it's exactly what I need at this moment in time.

I am loving the new camera, still, though it did take some doing to get all the software installed today.  Lagged my Mac something fierce.  Now it's done though and yay! All the pictures I've taken I can now bombard the net with.  Or at least my small corner of it, and the few people who pop by to read me.  I went back and added a few photos to previous posts, limoncello, odd beach finds, things like that, so be sure to repeek at those posts when you've got a minute.  I'm trying to figure out how to show the images I'm most pleased with, without it becoming some sorta photo album thing.  However I think a few are just gonna have to be flashed with no real context connection.  Deal with it.

Bram (Brambleclaw) and Daisy Mae who is trying to get him
dispense her favorite treat.  Hazard a guess?
This is Bram, Bug's first rabbit.  Bram is a Tan, a Black Tan to be specific, isn't he beautiful?  He's my beloved bunny man.  I adore him and I think he loves me too.  I think he's going to be four in May.  Hard to believe. He doesn't show anymore, too old, if you can believe it.  We bred him, once.  Got some beautiful babies, I'll post some pics of them later I think.  However our doe, Blue, isn't the best, she threw a black with some white hairs. Tans have no white on them so someone was playing fast and loose with the breeding to manage it.  Aww well, no judgements.  We got Bram, and his daughter Pip (Epiphany) and of course the doe and then there is Bug's fit and show bunny Blackstar.  Or Shark as I like to call the little monster.  He actually gave me a beautiful scar on my right index finger this last year.  Not his fault, he got scared and I reached in to grab his food bowl.  Big Mistake.  HUGE!  So I mostly forgive him for being an ass.  Bug loves him and that's what really matters.  I just wish he would act more like a Himalayan and less like a beast.  I have some great pictures of him.  Though he's no where near as beautiful as Bram.

A little fuzzy but you can see Shark and Bug and
behind the computer screen over there is my mom.
Just call her 'Wilson' like Tim the Tool Man Taylor's
neighbor.  All we ever see of her is her eyes over the top
of her screen.
Himi's are the only cylindrical breed of rabbit, they are shown posed all stretched out like a log.  This is probably one of the better poses Shark as ever managed.  Himi's are also known for their docile and affectionate personalities.  Shark has always been a biter.  He even attacked Bram on the show table his first fair.  Bit the heck outta the base of Bram's ear.  Shark is lucky it didn't scar, I'd have been so pissed if the $25 bunny ruined the $100 bunny's career!  So Shark is evil, though he's slowly getting better.  I believe he just turned three.  We will never breed him because that biting thing is probably in his genes.  For a while there I seriously thought about getting rid of him, sadly that would have meant death for no one wants a biting Himi.  Bug loves him though so he stays.  At last year's fair Blackstar won Bug a HUGE blue ribbon, for the cage decoration contest.  We played up the shark aspect and decorated with foam fish and paper with under the sea print on it, even had a foam pirates hook with a little note that said yes when frightened or stressed I do bite so if you want to keep your fingers, keep them out of my cage!  The judge loved it.  I personally preferred the cage decor that Bug had for our Tans.  Perhaps you noticed how they look a bit like Rottweilers?  We put some white picket fence up at the front of the cages then hung Beware of Dog signs from them.  I thought it was super cute and clever but it didn't win.  That's okay it was the first time Bug had won cage decor.  He was thrilled.  Specially since Share got DQ'd from show because he had smut on his shoulder.  Notice how he is all white except for his 'points'?  Well they sometimes develop smut, which is off coloring on the white of their body and the standard states that it's a DQ if there is smut on a usable part of the pelt.  It was a large area of his shoulder, so clearly usable.  It has since molted out.  Here's a fun fact, before the development of the Rex rabbits, Himis were the primary rabbit of the fur industry.  It's a very soft coat, though Himis don't get very big, Blackstar is almost too heavy to show and he weighs about 4 pounds.

Pretty good picture of Shark--I mean Blackstar Bunny.
Tomorrow is the start of a new week, another chance to make the right choices to take control and move forward instead of passively letting life wash over me.  I have a few belated gifts to make and plenty of work related things to keep me busy and don't even get me started on life tasks.  But one thing at a time and I'll manage to get on top of it all.  Go me!  There's a three day weekend looming on the horizon, I just have to make it through Friday, Poverty Simulation and LONG LONG LONG team meeting.  However with luck there might be a snow day tossed in, let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?  Oh and remind me I need to buy some bubble stuff.  I saw on Pinterest that when it's freezing if you go out and blow bubbles they will freeze.  I'll take pictures and let ya know if it works.

Ya know I completely forgot to mention the other productive things I got done today, things like actually using the gift card my cousin got me for Christmas, I even used it on something for me.  She was tickled and I LOVE my new purse, only cost me an additional four bucks so Right on!  Also, speaking of using gift cards, we used Bug's gift card for Land's End, got him a pair of shoes, a messenger bag and a couple tee shirts, and that only cost me about twenty bucks more than the card.  Pretty damn awesome.  Well actually it probably cost something like $50 more than the card because the card was his new winter coat, which didn't fit.  But while at GoodWill last weekend we stumbled upon a freaking awesome find.  A leather bomber jacket, by Eddie Bauer!  It was an incredible find at $30, Bug loves it!  Sure it's a little big on him but he'll grow into it and it does look awesome on him.  I shall have to get pictures, though I'll be editing out his face, y'all understand, I'm sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment