Monday, January 14, 2013

Mom moments

I had one of those great mom moments today.  My son who claims to be a pure carnivore ate a meal with no meat in it!  Yes pick yourself up off the floor.  I am so proud of him.  He was even so thrilled with himself that he couldn't stop talking about it.

Bug doesn't eat very healthy, clearly, and it's become my goal to fix this.  Veggies are such a sore spot that we've been known to break down crying over a spoonful of anything.  So to have an entire meal with no meat, it was like the heavens opened up and shined down on me.  We had Boca burgers, mashed potatoes, applesauce and lettuce.  He ate every scrap on his plate. GO ME!!  Oh and at lunch today he ate a fourth of a radish.  He was proud of himself, said it felt good.  I said yup, eating right does feel good.  We might actually be able to pull this trick off!


I'm too tired to write a lot tonight, in fact the only reason I did post is because I wanted to remember this day, the day of the veggie dinner, forever.


1 comment:

  1. Worth remembering! It doesn't take many words to write well or send a good message.

    ReplyDelete