Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

It's 2013, has been January 1st for about 17 minutes.  YAY!  I have a great feeling about this year.  I have plans for this year.

I'm already off to a great start.  One of my plans is to write here at least three times a week.  One under my belt without too much pain.

I have actually already started my 'this year will be different' stuff.  I started a couple nights ago, I started a batch of Limoncello, because I've always wanted to make it.  Always is now.  Tomorrow I will be making homemade peppermint marshmallows to go with the cocoa mix I put together.  These things will be Epiphany gifts.  January 6th is right around the corner.  Next year I want to have an Epiphany party.  That's a goal that I'm setting down now.  I made the cute little chocolate mice for Christmas too.  They got devoured, it was beautiful.  Sadly I didn't take pictures of the candy platter, I should have, I also made some stained glass window candy.  I believe I will whip up another batch tomorrow (Epiphany is coming...yeah!) and I will take pictures to share.  I did take pictures of the Limoncello though, and I will take more when the next phase begins.  And of course of the finished product.  Gotta find little bottles to put it in.

Zest of 10 Lemons, and so you know, I saved those lemons for other uses, they are still hanging out fresh and happy in the fridge!
Lemons and Vodka

Close up of Lemons and Vodka

Tonight I thought I'd do a nibbling kinda night, though it didn't work out to be one.  Mostly cause my mom's teeth are bugging her, Bug only ate the pizza, and well I wasn't all that hungry.  But I made Hoagie dip, which is actually more of a spread that goes pretty good with Ritz crackers.  I also made the Ranch Cheesey dip that I made at Thanksgiving, a double batch this time, hopefully my cousin won't scarf it all down before I get more of it.  I also made a pizza, like at Thanksgiving.  Oh and I oven roasted some cabbage, which was pretty damn tasty and I will be making it again, and again.

So I've set myself up for success already this year, by doing instead of just saving for another day.  Being active and proactive instead of passive.  2013 is gonna be a great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment